JESUS: THE WAY


 “Jesus said to him, ‘I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.’” — John 14:6


A way is a road that leads to a destination. It is a path that takes a person from where they are to where they are going. Yet, among all the prophets, teachers, and men of God who have walked this earth, none ever made such an audacious statement: “I am the way.”


Jesus did not say, “I know the way,” or “I can show you the way.” He said, “I am the way.”


I have tried to understand this statement with human reasoning, and the more I think about it, the more profound and mysterious it becomes. Therefore, I pray that the Holy Spirit will breathe upon His Word and give us understanding.


It is important to understand the context in which Jesus made this statement. His disciples were confused and uncertain about what was ahead. Jesus was speaking to them about His departure, and Thomas asked, “Lord, we do not know where You are going. How can we know the way?” It was in response to this confusion that Jesus declared:


“I am the way, and the truth, and the life.”


To me, this means that Jesus came to put an end to the confusion of humanity.


Today, people are still searching for the way.


Some believe education is the way. Others believe wealth, career, fame, relationships, pleasure, influence, or social status will lead them to fulfillment. Many have pursued different paths, only to discover later that the road they travelled did not lead to the destination they hoped for.


The tragedy is that some people spend their entire lives pursuing a path, only to discover at the end that they were going nowhere.


Do not be deceived. Jesus is the way to true fulfillment.


A person's life does not consist in the abundance of the things he possesses. Wealth may provide comfort, but it cannot give the human soul peace. Education may give knowledge, but it cannot give eternal purpose. Fame may make a person known by many, but it cannot make the heart truly fulfilled.


There is a deeper question every human being must answer:


“What is the way to a meaningful life, and ultimately, what is the way to God?”


Jesus answered that question Himself: “I am the way.”


Jesus is the Way because He is the Creator. “All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made” (John 1:3).


Think about a manufacturer and his product. The manufacturer understands the purpose of the product, how it was designed to function, and what it was created to accomplish. In the same way, Jesus created us and therefore knows the purpose for which we were created.


If you want to understand your life, you must return to the One who created it.


Jesus is not merely a road to the destination; He is both the Way and the destination.


Every other path eventually comes to an end. Some paths may offer temporary pleasure, success, or recognition, but they cannot guarantee eternal life, true peace, or lasting fulfillment.


That is why Jesus must be introduced to every human heart.


He is the Way.


He is the Truth.


He is the Life.


John 1 tells us that Jesus is the true Light who gives light to everyone coming into the world. The world is filled with darkness, confusion, deception, fear, and uncertainty, yet humanity continues to search for light.


People are searching for purpose.


People are searching for peace.


People are searching for freedom.


People are searching for meaning.


People are searching for the way.


And the answer is Jesus.


This is why I consider the work of an evangelist one of the most honorable assignments on earth. Every time I have the opportunity to share the Gospel with someone, I do not take it lightly. I see it as a great privilege to point someone to the Way.


There is nothing more beautiful than seeing a young person encounter Jesus early in life.


Many people spend years chasing money, possessions, influence, and success, believing these things will finally satisfy them. But there are those who, after acquiring everything they wanted, eventually discover that what they were chasing could not satisfy their souls.


Some have discovered this only when they were lying on their dying beds.


They had wealth, but no peace.


They had possessions, but no fulfillment.


They had success, but still felt empty.


May your story not be like that.


Do not spend your entire life searching for what can only be found in Jesus.


Jesus is the Way.


If you have lost your direction, come to Jesus.


If you are confused about your purpose, come to Jesus.


If you are searching for true peace, come to Jesus.


If you desire eternal life, come to Jesus.


He is not one of many ways.


He is the Way.


May we never be so busy chasing other paths that we miss the One who is the Way, the Truth, and the Life.


Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts